1. Introduction: What's your story?
My name is Lisa Renee and photography has been my passion for as long as I can remember. I am always looking for something fun and new to try in studio and out. It was about 12yrs years ago I realized my passion for boudoir and making women feel beautiful in their own skin.
I believe every woman should experience a boudoir shoot at least once in their life. We always see woman in magazines and oooh and ahhh over their flawless skin, beautiful clothes and gorgeous figures. Well why cant that be us?!
At Blush Boudoir my goal is to make you feel like a super model. We do full magazine style retouching to each and every purchased image! I don't want you to not look like yourself, I just want your images to be the most perfect you possible! Something you can be proud of and look back on to remind you of what a beautiful, strong and sexy woman you really are.
During and even after your shoot I want you to feel beautiful inside and out. We want you to walk out of here with a little pep in your step and a smile from ear to ear, because all woman no matter what size, shape or ethnicity is both special and beautiful in her own unique way and deserves a little pampering in her life! I hope you enjoy my images and decided to give yourself an experience you will never forget.
2. What is your experience shooting boudoir?
Ive been shooting boudoir for over 12yrs and have over 2800 shoots under my belt!
3. Where will the photo shoot take place?
Most of my photo shoots take place in my studio in Folsom Ca, however I do travel and love doing outdoor boudoir sessions.
4. How should customers prepare for the Boudoir photo shoot?
We understand that body maintenance looks so different for each woman we shoot with. It would be impossible for us to tell you exactly what you personally need without knowing you. Below are a few things you may want to consider when preparing for a boudoir session.
1. Be sure that you’re getting your beauty sleep. Photoshop will not be able to fix tired.
2. Use your boudoir session as a chance to go pamper yourself. Your hands and feet will be seen in most of your photos so head out a few days before your session to get a mani-pedi. You don’t want to overlook your fingers and toes.
3. Moisturize twice a day the week leading up to your session. Make sure that on the day of your session, you use a non-bronzer illuminizing lotion. Seriously, don’t use tinted lotions or anything with color!
4. To keep you and your skin hydrated, drink tons of water leading up to your session.
5. If you wax, we recommend doing it 3-5 days before your session in order to avoid any redness or bumps.
6. Shave your underarms, legs, and bikini line the morning of your session.
7. Unless you’re going to a professional, please don’t spray tan. You may not be able to see it with your naked eye, but our cameras will pick up the streaks and unevenness. With the moody way we shoot, you will end up looking much tanner in your photos than you expect. Also, instead of natural skin tones, some spray tans make your skin show up oompa loompa orange in your photos. Again, please trust us when we say not to spray tan. We don’t include fixing spray tans in our editing process.
8. Give your hair some love! Touch up those roots if you need to. Don’t try out a new haircut or color immediately before your session. Stick to the color that you know you love
DAY OF SHOOT...
1. Show up with a moisturized, clean, makeup-free face. Our makeup artist will take care of the rest.
2. Show up with your hair completely dry. Don’t use any hair products before arriving at your session. We want to avoid greasy or flaky hair.
3. Make sure you wear your baggiest, most comfortable clothes when you drive to your boudoir session. This will help avoid any marks or indentations from tight bras showing up in your images.
4. Plan ahead and show up on time! We want you to have fun and be relaxed during your session. There’s nothing like that horrible feeling of being rushed and running late.
5. Will there be a hairstylist and make-up artist?
Yes! I love my clients getting pampered before their session.
6. What do you do to make your customers feel comfortable for the shoot?
I love to start our sessions with with hair and makeup and some girl talk to calm nerves and get to know each other a bit.
7. Are pictures printed or do you provide a digital file?
Editing in included in all purchased images. We offer a wide range of products such as albums, prints and digital images.
8. What happens on the day?
On the day of your session we will start with hair and makeup and relax with some girl talk with me and my amazing hair and makeup artist. At that time we will go over your outfits and chat a bit about how our session will go. Don't worry, I will guide you the entire way!
9. Where will the photographs be used?
I never use any of my clients images without their permission.
10. What is your cancellation and/or refund policy?
All session deposits are non refundable but can be applied to a rescheduled session. Please try to give us 48hrs notice if you need to reschedule however we understands emergencies happen.